Does Anyone Else Confuse Kurt Russell with Patrick Swayze?

russell_swayze

Eric thinks I’m crazy but I get Kurt Russell and Patrick Swayze confused all the time. I feel like in the 80’s these two could have been brothers. Every movie they both wore the same super-tight, acid-washed jeans with the tucked-in sleeveless t-shirt and the overgrown mullet. Go back and watch “Road House” and “Big Trouble in Little China” and tell me I’m not right.

34 Responses to “Does Anyone Else Confuse Kurt Russell with Patrick Swayze?”

• Confusion

March 22, 2018 at 11:39 pm

Me feels same way my guy. Them bros looks like same person. When’s I finded our that Patrick Swayze wasn’t in the movie Overboard, me mind was blown. Me mama thinks I bee cray cray, but’s lucky I have you bros on me side.

• Patrizia

February 26, 2018 at 5:14 pm

Me too. I also thought i am the only one to confuse Kurt Russel and Patrick Swayze

• MsTy

January 21, 2018 at 12:00 pm

I just watched Overboard with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. I got emotional when they are dancing for her ‘birthday’ thinking Patrick always could dance amazingly – pity he died so soon. Then the actor names roll and I go ‘but it was Patrick’…

• WacoJohn

January 12, 2018 at 1:15 pm

I definitely get them confused … all the time.

• Patric Russel

December 19, 2017 at 12:43 am

I’ve thought for years P Swayze was the star of Big Trouble in Little China, I’m really bummed out right now..!!! I just got upset when my buddy told me Kurt Russel is the star of Overboard, not P Swayze..

• Arya

November 25, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Kurt russell and jeff bridges totally look alike… after aging they are becoming mirror images of each other. patrick swayze looked like kurt in his younger days.
    but kurt and jeff look same even when young and now even after getting old.

• Tez

June 19, 2017 at 2:30 am

Me too

• Heidi

February 22, 2017 at 7:56 am

I was JUST telling a colleague that when I was a little girl in the 80s I always used to confuse the two of them. He couldn’t understand how. I came online to find pictures to show him and felt so vindicated with this post! I’m happy I’m not alone

• Alex

March 4, 2016 at 10:51 pm

I just noticed it in the Hateful Eight Poster, how was posible if Patrick died some years ago, I thought they were using Furious 7 Paul Walker tricks
    then how made that famous movie about a Bar that was clean up by his fists
    im confuse now

• Jim

January 19, 2016 at 3:22 pm

They’re not the same person?

• Ali

January 17, 2016 at 7:59 am

same here get them mixedup all the time ,,

• Tim

October 17, 2015 at 11:35 am

I though my sister was crazy snd still do telling me she watched a movie with Patrick Swazy she wanted to see again ….. “Chinatown” So I look for cast wrong movie….. She was talking about Big Trouble in Little China Thats Kurt goffy I sd then I found this site…..Silly me twins

• Teej

March 15, 2015 at 8:07 pm

I also just finished watching Tango and Cash, I thought it was Patrick Swayze the whole time XD

• October 21, 2014 at 7:36 pm

I have always confused Kurt Russel and Patrick Swazey also Kurt with Jeff Bridges,nice to know I’m not alone!RIP Patrick Swazey ,you were my favorite.

• Helen

July 5, 2014 at 8:39 pm

I am so ashamed of myself! This is absolutely unforgivable, but I did confuse my two favorite actors.
    I apologize! Maybe it’s because I am old and almost insane!

• qwe

May 7, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Whant to make it even better? There is a third actor that i can add. Although I only confuse him with Kurt, not with Patrick. It goes like this:
    Patrick Swayze looks like Kurt Russel which looks like… Jeff Bridges
    Have a nice tome digesting that info 🙂

• Pete

April 5, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Im sorry, but I thought Kurt Russel was dead from cancer.

• Juha Kaehkoelae

March 13, 2014 at 3:21 pm

I just thought it was Kurt Russell and not Swayze dancing in Dirty Dancing. On the other hand Russell Crowe appeared in Gladiator from 2000.

• BB

February 27, 2014 at 12:06 am

I don’t get it. They look nothing alike to me. Patrick was so much more handsome than Russell.

• janie

November 22, 2013 at 11:42 am

Watched Dirty Dancing for the umpteenth time a few days ago; today Kurt Russell is on The View. I still feel like they’re the same person!

• Fish

May 8, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Same here! I was just trying to distinguish between the two…

• Anonymous

February 3, 2013 at 7:30 pm

A friend just posted a pic on Facebook of Patrick on a horse & I thought it was Kurt. When it said RIP I thought oh no another great actor gone.

• January 6, 2013 at 10:04 am

both are litle almost alike brothers it must be very dificult to tell if which is one of KURT OR PATRICK their face is almost perfect not over 100 percent just awesome !

• November 6, 2012 at 3:03 pm

LOL that is sooo funny I thought I was the only nut who would confuse them

• October 6, 2012 at 11:47 pm

i’m watching tango and cash and thought it was patrick swayze but when i checked the guide it said kurt russell.. LOL

• jason

September 30, 2012 at 1:02 am

I have the same problem and people think im crazy but obviously there is a similarity or there wouldn’t be so many people having rhe same problem.

• chris r

September 25, 2012 at 8:49 pm

just watched tombstone and through I thought it was swayze then at the end noticed his name in the credits, turned out to be kurt I had to google to see if anyone else has had this trouble…and here I am now!

• brittany

January 14, 2012 at 3:57 pm

I get Patrick and Kurt mixed up all the time too. I also get Brooke Sheilds and Denise Richards mixed up too, dunno why. It seems I can only remember one of their names and not the other (had to look up Charlies ex wife to remember Denise)

• Kurt

November 11, 2011 at 6:33 pm

LOL my name is Kurt Swayze

• Nick

August 15, 2011 at 11:41 am

Thank you!! My sentiments exactly

• michelle

April 27, 2011 at 4:19 pm

yes i most definately have to agree!!! i only discovered this the other night when i watched a film with kurt russel and thought it was patrick swayze!!!

• Chris

April 10, 2010 at 7:56 pm

I couldn’t agree more. I always get these two guys confused!! When I mentioned this to my brother a few years ago he looked at me like I was crazy. I’m glad I’m not the only one.

• Gwen

December 29, 2009 at 10:18 am

Yeah, I am the same; just finished watching a movie called ‘Dreamer’ starring Kurt Russell and all the way through the movie thought “what a shame he had to die so young”, but of course, it is Patrick Swayze who died. They are not identical, but nonetheless have many facial features that are the same. RIP Patrick, you gorgeous hunk!

• Sarah

December 13, 2009 at 9:53 pm

When I was growing up, I always got these two confused. What’s even funnier was last year, I went on a cruise and there was this guy at my dinner table who looked like a cross between Kurt and Patrick, so my brother and I started calling him “Kurt Swayze”